A good indicator that your website & online marketing initiatives are working is usually when it appears on the first page of search results. The landing page should be aesthetically moving and focused on features, testimonials, money-back guarantees and other key selling Calls to Action (CTA). Research suggests that 75% of a website’s credibility is attributed to its design and SEO capabilities built into it. Therefore, whether you’re building a website from the ground up or refreshing your current one, be mindful of the following so your business to stands out online for the right reasons:
1. A User Experience guided by the Aesthetics and Supported by its Function.
There is an on-going debate on whether to prioritize aesthetics of the website over its function. Connection by visitors to the purpose of a website depends on how intuitive it is. The more intuitive a website is, the greater the balance achieved between aesthetics and function. There the website design incorporates aesthetics that are design trends such as animation, content, and heavy graphics (dark mode is trending) that pop the brands’ value proposition and support its function. However, one runs the risk of excessive use of design and graphic elements resulting in the purpose of the website getting lost in translation. The brand value proposition is diluted, visitor's senses are heightened by the graphic elements but without context and direction leaving them with more questions than answers.
2. Avoid Errors & mistakes typo’s etc.
Visitors to your website will likely perceive your company as less trustworthy if there are many errors and mistake on your website design.
3. A Responsive Design.
In Q2 of 2022, mobile devices made over 58% of global website traffic and this statistic doesn’t even include tablets. Failure to adapt to a mobile friendly version that is easy to navigate through will increase your website bounce rate. A website design consideration that does not take into consideration visitors from multiple devices such as; phones, tablets, laptops, or even TVs can lead to visitors losing trust in your business offering.
4. To improve SEO so you get on the first page of search results.
· Drive content strategies by posting great content (blogs, gallery, calendar, publications etc.) on your website,
· Get into regularly writing blogs and producing thought provoking content that builds confidence, demonstrates leadership in the space and promotes your products & service offerings
· Link your website to your social media posts and install social media plugins that visitors can use to share posts made on the website,
· Enable free downloads like an eBook, eflyers and/ or white papers in exchange for contact information,
· Q&A page of frequently asked questions by visitors that have links to other pages, Youtube and downloadable materials,
· Integrate with campaign tools that create email lists, email scheduling and newsletters,
· The capability to enable sales pages where visitors can book services, shop online and lists reviews, benefits and features
· Enable a dynamic page where you can list case studies and testimonies to build further trust and confidence,
We at African Business Solutions Providers are your trusted partners in delivering the balance between aesthetics and function in website design. Most notability we have a Content Management System called CUE CMS that will bring your website to life with content and functionality, enriching the experience for your visitors. For more information on CUE CMS Click here to get started.
Don't forget to like and share this post!
In Africa, there is a growing buzz around Search Engine Optimization (SEO), but there is still a lack of understanding abo...
In today's digital landscape, social media and influencers seem to be dominating the marketing space. However, it's easy t...
Hey there, creatives, business professionals and tech enthusiasts, and all-around internet-savvy people! We have some exci...