If you are planning a website redesign, the drivers for such an initiative could range from a simple refresh for a cleaner and crisper look to a multi featured and functional one that delivers an improved user experience through enhanced engagement with visitors and generating more leads. In preparation of your website redesign strategy, one should be mindful of the timelines involved and the budget. Until recently other critical success factors such as Search Engine Optimization (SEO), engagement matrices and conversion rates have redefined websites as key drivers of an organizations strategy.
Your website is your best marketing tool. It is your business’s digital persona on the World Wide Web (in the digital word) and serves as a means of branding, marketing and promoting a business in order to bring in more visitors. These visitors ideally should be people who are likely to purchase your business’s goods, products and/or services. Therefore, the more visitors your website attracts and engages, results potentially in more opportunities and qualified touch points to try to convince customers to buy.
To maximize the reach and impact of a website redesign requires meticulous planning and execution. While critical factors like budgetary constraints, timelines, SEO, conversion rated etc. should be evaluated and incorporated; here are some considerations worth noting in drawing up and implementing your overall website redesign strategy.
1. According to research a website redesign can cost anywhere from $800 to $65,000. (WebFX, 2022).
2. Expect a website refresh: that is the aesthetic updating but not many structural changes to take two to four months whereas; full website redesigns can takes three to six months on average. (IMPACT, 2020)
3. In your planning and depended in the industry in which you operate; the average lifespan of a website is 2 years 7 months. (Orbit Media, 2022)
4. Over 80% of web designers say low conversion rate is the top reason for redesigning a website. The other reasons for redesigning a website are. (GoodFirms, 2021)):
· High bounce rate (65.4%),
· Better UX (61.5%),
· Unresponsive design (53.8%)
· Out-dated design (38.5%)
5. If your business is centred on delivering an experience across people, processes and technological disciplines (these include but not limited to banking, insurance, luxury goods etc.), research in 2021 found that 79% of experience-driven businesses had a dedicated budget line for website experience design or improvement. (Forrester, 2021)
6. Nearly a third of consumers 31%, rated user experience as the top priority when designing a website. (Top Design Firms, 2021)
7. 42% of people would leave a website because of poor functionality. (Top Design Firms, 2021)
8. Over 88% of web designers believe that slow loading page time is a top reason why visitors leave a website. (GoodFirms, 2021)
9. 66% of small business owners said their number one website goal in 2022 was market expansion. (UpCity, 2022)
10. 60% of marketing and sales specialists say the most important online marketing objective is lead generation. (Aioma, 2021)
11. Once their websites go live, 77% of small business owners hope to spend less than $500 per month on website services and upkeep. (UpCity, 2022)
12. Web designers say the latest design trends are dark mode (45.2%), 3D visuals (44%), multimedia experiences (43.2%), and scrolling animations and effects (42.6%). (GoodFirms, 2021)
Preparing for a Website Redesign
These stats presented and references above we complied by A. Fitzgerald, 2022. Incorporating them should assist you in planning the budgets, timelines, priorities etc. for your overall strategy for a website redesign. We at African Business Solutions Providers can be your trusted partners in coming up with the specific strategy that will differentiate your website according to industry and deliver an unparalleled user experience to your visitors. For more information on this Click here to get started.
Don't forget to share this post!
A good indicator that your website & online marketing initiatives are working is usually when it appears on the first...
Procurement is a universal function of all businesses that has a direct bearing on the short and long-term performance, pr...
If you are planning a website redesign, the drivers for such an initiative could range from a simple refresh for a cleaner...